Erosion and Shore Protection
Erosion is the general process whereby materials of the earth’s crust are worn away and removed by natural agencies, specifically land destruction and simultaneous removal of particles of soil by running water, waves, currents, moving ice or wind. Natural vegetation is the erosion protection which is most friendly to the environment. But sometimes the condition is not possible to vegetation growth. Large precipitation on slope, big waves at shore, or fast current at the river possibly blocks the growth. There are several ways to prevent the erosion on slope:
- Prevents soil erosion on dry steep slope by retaining the humus and offering permanent support to the roots of the plants.
- Improves the surface stability of the soil on steep uneven slopes and promotes enhanced vegetation growth over otherwise nutrient deficient slopes to provide an attractive green finish.
- Creates a flexible but firm layer of constrained soil capable of withstanding the effects of heavy rain or high water flow.
- Creates a layer that can withstand waves or currents to protect slopes on shore or river.
- Polyfelt® Polymat (Erosion Protection)
- Polyfelt® Envirocell (Erosion Protection)
- Geotube® Concrete Mattress (River and Shore Protection)
- Geotube® Sand-Filled Mattress (River Protection)
- Geotube® Geobag (River and Shore Protection)
- Geotube® Dyke (Shore Protection)
- COAST CONSERVATION WORKS PACK. V, PADANG – Sumatera Barat
- BENDUNG MANGGAR, Balikpapan – Kalimantan Timur
- PGN SEKERNAN JAMBI, Jambi – Jambi
- SOUTH PACIFIC VISCOSE, Purwakarta – Jawa Barat
- PBPP SANGATTA, Sangatta – Kalimantan Timur
- EROSION PROTECTION RAPP, Pkl. kerinci – Riau
- SITE PREPARATION TANGGUH, Tangguh – Papua
- PT. BEKAERT- KARAWANG, Karawang – DKI Jakarta
- PEMBANGUNAN TURAP & NORMALISASI S. DUMAI, KOTA DUMAI, Dumai – Riau
- CAUSEWAY PELABUHAN JENEPONTO, Jeneponto – Sulawesi Selatan
- NORMALISASI KALIGARANG, Semarang – Jawa Tengah
- PROYEK IRIGASI KOMERING PAKET ICB 5 & ICB 6 (OKI – BATURAJA), Baturaja – Sumatera Selatan
- RIP-RAP ASAHI MAS, Anyer – Banten